10 Great Reasons to Give Cupping a Try
Have you ever watched Olympic swimmers and noticed large red welts or bruises on their backs or shoulders? While it may look painful, it isn’t. It’s caused by a traditional form of Chinese medicine known as cupping. Along with swimmers, gymnasts, rowers, and other high performing athletes—all have been known to use this technique to help with the various aches and pains of training. Here at Lifestyle Massage + Bodywork we already provide you with what some call the best massage in Overland Park, but you may not know we also can provide some of the best cupping therapy in Overland Park!
Image Credit: http://www.achieve-personaltraining.com/blog/2016/8/31/what-is-cupping
So…what are the reasons to try cupping?
1. Relaxation: First and foremost, cupping is relaxing. It warms your body, and the feeling and effects are very similar to the best deep tissue massage you’ve ever received.
2. Ease: Cupping therapy typically lasts about 15 minutes to half an hour, making it a quick and efficient way to get excellent results. While you are getting some of the best massage in Overland Park with us, you should talk to us about adding a cupping session to your next massage.
3. Few Side Effects: Despite the red marks, cupping is exceptionally gentle. The appearance of the dark spots is the only side effect.
4. Non-Invasive: If you aren’t a fan of needles from acupuncture and are looking for an alternative to invasive muscle therapies, cupping is a comfortable, harmless option.
5. All Natural: A benefit to Olympic and professional athletes, cupping is all natural. You never have to worry about ingredients or interactions with medicines you may have to take. If you’re an athlete, we can help you book some of the best sports massage in Overland Park and add the best cupping therapy as well.
6. Well Researched: Scientific studies have shown that cupping can assist in treating shingles and acne. It is also a proven form of pain management.
7. Time Tested: While cupping is popular now, it was also a commonly used medicinal practice in ancient China as long ago as 281 AD. In fact, findings have shown the Ancient Egyptians, back in 1550 BC, may have even used cupping techniques.
8. Treats Many Conditions: Cupping can be used to treat ailments such as allergies, eczema, high blood pressure, acne, menstrual pain, diarrhea and indigestion, asthma, muscle pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, varicose veins, fertility issues, and more. If you have an ailment and are struggling to find relief, call us today, and we can help you book some of the best cupping therapy in Overland Park.
9. Mental Health Benefits: Cupping therapy works wonders for aching muscles in your body, but it can also benefit your mind as well. It can help surface pent up emotions and ease depression and anxiety.
10. Fast Acting: Similar to massage, cupping therapy benefits start immediately. They will also last for several days, sometimes over a week.
With all these great reasons, don’t hesitate to call us today and schedule what some people say is the best cupping therapy available in Overland Park.